The identity of the data controller
The “data controller” is the party that collects the data subject’s information. The “data controller” for handling this data is Kelly’s Storage Charity Events, based in Westfield Road, Slyfield Industrial Estate, Guilford, Surrey, GU1 1SB, United Kingdom.
What we Collect
When you register on our site or sign up to an event with us we will collect the following personal information:
· your name
· your DOB
· contact information including email address & postal address
· demographic information such as postcode
· other information relevant to our events eg. Emergency contact details
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse web traffic.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor pages you find useful and pages you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the following reasons:
· To enable us to keep a record of who has signed up for our events
· To enable us to provide services such as timings, text results, a bespoke sponsorship page and more
· To enable you to log into the website and manage your own event entries
· To enable us to send reminder emails concerning upcoming events, where appropriate
· To inform you of future events you may be interested in taking part in
· To tell you how much we've raised and where your money has gone
· To share with you great news and offers
We do not make your personal information available to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your permission unless we are required by law to do so. We do however use the third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help monitor and improve our emails.
For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email footer.
Who we share information with
· We need to share your data with our chip timing company (currently EMIT) with whom we work closely to ensure events are timed and results are published in the way that would be expected of any mass participation sporting event
· We will share your information with the charity who receives your entry donation if you tell us we can
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links that enable you to visit other websites of interest. We do not have control over the other websites so please proceed with precaution when using these links to leave our site. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you have provided whilst visiting such sites.
Controlling your personal information
Under the principle of ‘fair processing’ under GDPR, you have control of your personal data. This means you (1) have the option to request the deletion of your personal data and (2) you’re told how you can do that. This section will guide you through your options.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever we ask you to fill in a form on the website, you have the option to opt-in to any future communications/any use of your information for direct marketing purposes. If you do not explicitly opt-in we will not contact you.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing, writing to or emailing us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our head office (see below).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address at the bottom of this page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable precaution to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the information you provide to us on our secure, password and firewall protected servers. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your user details and password confidential. We will not ask you for your password – except when you log in to the website.
If you are no longer a participant, your data will be stored in our servers seven years. After this date your data will be removed unless you give permission for Kelly’s Storage Charity Events to keep your information on our system.
Contacting Kelly's Storage Charity Events
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Kelly’s Storage Charity Events has about you
- Correct any information that Kelly’s Storage Charity Events has about you
- Delete information that Kelly’s Storage Charity Events has about you
Phone: 01483 448430
Head office: Kelly's Storage Charity Events, Westfield Road, Slyfield Industrial Estate, Guilford, Surrey, GU1 1SB, United Kingdom